Saturday, September 13, 2008

Welcome

Things stay quite hairy at the Harris house and not just because Scott and I stay really busy. Our house is full of hair from our three full-sized, friendly dogs: Murphy, Benjamin, and Daisy. Murphy, a light-colored Golden Retriever we have had since he was a puppy, is the handsome mug pictured above. When Murphy was about two years old, we met a pure-bred yellow lab, Benjamin.


Ben stayed with us for a week or so while Dad Harris and Peggy went out of town, and by the time they returned home we had sweet-talked our way into keeping him. He's the oldest of our three and sometimes requires a little extra attention.

Then, right around Thanksgiving last year, we picked up Daisy, a reddish-colored Golden Retriever. Daisy belonged to our beloved Grandad and Joyce, who both passed away last year. She is the youngest of the three and has an infinite reserve of energy and enthusiasm. As you can tell, Scott and I didn't set out to fill our house with hair and dogs, but we are blessed to have all three. Welcome to our hairy stories.

1 comment:

Stories of Jane said...

Hi Lainie! Thank you for the very "Martha" Christmas card, I loved it! :) Thought I'd stop by to say hello! Miss you and love you more! Merry Christmas to you, Scott and the furkids! :) Love always - Emily